Android How to connect a smartphone to the PCAndroid 9219
If you want to transfer your files, like pictures, videos or texts, from your smartphone to the pc (or the other way around), you have some possibilities to achieve this. Besides of the classical way with an USB cable you can also transfer files via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. And here's how.
Connect the PC via cable to your device
To connect your device to the pc, you only need the included USB cable. After device is plugged in, the computer usually recognizes the device and installs all neccessary drivers automatically. But Android 6 and higher needs more than this. To access the storage, the transfer mode has to be changed as the device gets charged by default. To connect your device with the PC, follow these steps:
- Plug your cable into your device
- Plug the other side into your computer or laptop
- The PC recognizes your device automatically and installs, if neccessary, the needed drivers automatically
- Change the transfer mode from Charge this device to Transfer files. (Guide below)
- On a Windows PC you will find your smartphone, listed under it's device name, as storage device. You can find your data files either in the internal storage folder, or the portable storage folder.
Folder empty - what do?
- Connect your smartphone to your PC or laptop
- Pull down the notification bar on your smartphone
- Tap on the Android System message
- Tap on Tap for more actions
- Choose File Transfer
The PC should now recognize your device fully and you are now able to transfer files.